Friday, November 16, 2012

On Thursday November 15 my classmate Andrea blogged about her opinion on Romney and his point of view on abortion and funding towards planned Parenthood. While reading this i came upon my own reality.
I agree with the argument that she wrote about. Not to mention I am also a women, but that doesn’t mean just because of that I agree. I believe it is unconstitutional for people to consider abortion something that should be banned. I agree with Andrea, that we should be able to determine if we are ready economically or mentally for the responsibility of a kid. As adults we are aware of the consequences but not ignoring the fact that accidents do happen.
Now reading the book called “Freakonomics” tells us an interesting version for abortions. In this book I read a theory about how crime rates went down after legalizing abortion. After researching information I came upon people writing against this theory, but as human beings, I believe there  will always be people who disagree with these ideas. So this is why I wanted to let everyone know that in my head this seem like a theory that made an impact in the crime rate. I think the fact that a lot of women have had the option to avoid brining into this world kids who would not have attention or the basic needs of life, dose avoid unwanted kids to go on to the street and steal or create more crimes. It is easier for kids to choose a wrong path if they are raised in an un-wanted, poor, single women family. In reality we have seen that women have stopped their goal due to raising a kid, we should always have options in order to fulfill our goals and dreams too.

No comments:

Post a Comment